I love fancy cakes with tons of ingredients and incredible designs.. but sometimes you can’t beat a simple slice of chocolate cake. No fuss, no frills just pure bites of heaven.
My chocolate cake recipe is so simple to make and I promise it won’t disappoint! This recipe is perfect for an 8″ baking tin.. if you want to make a larger cake you can double the ingredients to make a two tier cake and fill with cream or buttercream.
- 115g butter
- 115g self raising flour
- 115g caster sugar
- 100g cocoa powder (I use Cadbury’s)
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a bowl
- Crack your two eggs into a mug and whisk until combined
- Melt your butter slowly
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ones, add the vanilla essence and mix until well combined
- Grease/line your baking tin (I use 8″ paper cases that save time and make lifting the cake out of the tin so much easier – you can pick them up in Dealz)
- Bake at 170 degrees for 20-25 mins
The result is a perfectly simple chocolate cake that will satisfy those chocolate cravings. Serve with cream and strawberries et voila.. an effortless dessert that will be sure to put a smile on your face.
You can of course go the extra mile and decorate your cake.. some of my favourite toppings include –
- Classic buttercream
- Peanut butter buttercream (oh so dreamy)
- Melt some milk chocolate and decorate with sprinkles