I am always on the look out for a quick and tasty breakfast that can be enjoyed at home or on the go. Porridge bread has been a personal breakfast favourite of mine for some time now. Not only is it a delicious and healthy option, it is honestly so simple to make. Below you will find all of the information so that you can whip up your own loaf, be sure to let me know how you get on!
I am a huge advocate for Irish food (I work in the industry so I will admit I am biased) but boy do we have some fantastic food brands on our little island. Just to let you know this is not a sponsored post, I am genuinely a big fan of the brands photographed!
- One 450g tub of yoghurt (natural or vanilla flavour work well)
- Porridge oats, we always have Flahavans oats at home but any brand will do the job (you’re going to use your yoghurt tub as a measure so no weighing scales needed!)
- Teaspoon of bread soda
- Dried fruits (I like raisins, apricots and cranberries)
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds (I am a big fan of the Chia bia range and use these in baking quite a lot. Chia seeds add that extra health kick without affecting the flavour)
- Pour the tub of yoghurt into a large bowl, fill the tub to the top twice with your porridge oats and mix in with the yoghurt.
- Add in the bread soda along with your additional ingredients of choice and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin and pop the mixture in
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 180oC
- Leave to cool and then enjoy!
Why not add some tasty toppings?!
- Almond and coconut butter
- Peanut butter and banana
Have a go and let me know how you get on! I love trying new toppings so if you have any suggestions please share them with me 🙂